Compact Optical Frequency Comb
Advanced Features and Benefits
- touch panel control
- beat detection unit included
- class 1 laser
- full automation
- internal atomic RF clock
|Comb Spacing||100 MHz|
|Accuracy||10-14 (>100 s1))|
|Stability||2 x 10-13 in 1 s1)|
|Laser Input||up to two fiber-coupled, lineary polarized SC/APC PM input ports|
|Center Wavelength||1.5 µm|
|Spectral Range @ 1550 nm||>25 nm|
|Measurement Wavelength||choose one in the 530 - 2000 nm range|
1)Or same as reference, whichever applies first. Internal atomic clock supports 3 x 10-10 stability in 1 s and accuracy 10-9, which is subject to aging. Recalibration is available.
All your comb applications at your fingertips:
SmartComb is an optical metrology system in a revolutionary compact package. In just 19” 3U it features the first fully automated turn-key optical frequency comb designed and built for use both in- and outside the optics lab. It measures your optical frequency anywhere between 530-2000 nm. Feed in your laser and get the frequency with 14 digits. Alternatively, it provides you with optical reference lines in the same spectral range (choose wavelength on ordering).
With its internal RF-reference, SmartComb can be used as a standalone device. For highest precision measurements, a radio frequency or an optical reference input is available to stabilize the SmartComb.
Due to its modular design, SmartComb is one of the most versatile frequency comb system on the market: Internal units can be adapted to measure different wavelengths or be replaced with amplifiers to provide up to 8 output ports. Additional external modules are retrofittable, to provide higher powers, customized spectra and pulse lengths. SmartComb has a robust design. Its underlying proprietary technology based on figure 9® lasers has already been verified onboard of aircraft and sounding rockets, proving it is well-suited even for demanding environments.
Watch a system demonstration of the SmartComb here:
- Quantum optics
- Frequency combs in microgravity
- Ultra-low noise microwave generation
- Length metrology
- Laser cooling
- New fields in metrology
- SCIENTIFIC PUBLICATION: 20 Years and 20 Decimal Digits: A Journey With Optical Frequency Combs
- SCIENTIFIC PUBLICATION: Frequency comb assisted diode laser spectroscopy for measurement of microcavity dispersion
- SCIENTIFIC PUBLICATION: Optical frequency metrology
- SCIENTIFIC PUBLICATION: Space-borne frequency comb metrology
- SCIENTIFIC PUBLICATION: Photonic microwave signals with zeptosecond-level absolute timing noise
- SCIENTIFIC PUBLICATION: Compact low-noise photonic microwave generation from commercial low-noise lasers
- SCIENTIFIC PUBLICATION: Comparison of optical frequency comb and sapphire loaded cavity microwave oscillators
- SCIENTIFIC PUBLICATION: All polarization‑maintaining fiber laser architecture for robust femtosecond pulse generation
- SCIENTIFIC PUBLICATION: Optical Frequency Transfer over a Single-Span 1840 km Fiber Link
Dr. Benjamin Sprenger
Your direct line to our expert
- Product Code
+49 89 189166 0
Menlo Systems, Inc.
+1 973 300 4490