US Sales Engineer (m/f/d)
Location: New York, USA
Menlo Systems is a high-tech company that develops, manufactures and sells lasers and laser systems for precision applications in research and industry. Menlo Systems is one of the market leaders in the field of optical precision measurements with light and lasers based on the Nobel Prize-winning frequency comb technology. The company is headquartered in Martinsried, near Munich, Germany. Menlo Systems Inc, located in Newton, New Jersey and Huntington Beach, California, is the U.S. subsidiary for sales and service in North America.
Purpose of the Position:
Sales Engineer is responsible for generating and developing new business and customers in assigned territory for US customers. In addition, responsible for increasing business within the existing account base. Provides technical support in assigned territory to support growth objectives. Provides input from account base to management for future product development or strategy adjustment. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals and objectives. This person is responsible for the customer requests assigned. Reports to management in Menlo Systems.
Essential Job Functions: (include the following, but are not limited to )
• Sales – Primary responsibility is to generate revenue and increase market share in the US assigned territory. Activities include program management, account development and establishing and maintaining key relationships for new and existing accounts. Meets assigned revenue and profitability targets.
• Forecasting – generates and maintains accurate forecasts for revenue and product / volume mix for assigned territory and customers.
• Provides pre & post sales technical support to customers
• Strengthens existing customer accounts and network by providing excellent support in academia and industry. Leading to new contacts and sales opportunities.
• Working closely with product management and engineering team to interpret customer requirements and to offer customized technical solutions.
• Travel expectation approx. 50%
In addition to the essential functions and duties listed above, all positions are also responsible for:
Meeting company standards pertaining to quantity and quality of work performed on an ongoing basis, performing all work related tasks in a manner that is in compliance with all Company policies and procedures.
Adhering to Company policies, procedures, and directives regarding standards of workplace behavior in completing job duties and assignments. The Company retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position. Physical Activities: Frequent business trips within the US are an essential part of the job. No physical demands required to perform duties beyond the travel.
Preferable up to 3 years of sales experience in relevant industries such as Photonics, Lasers, Semiconductor, Life Science Imaging System, etc. Education: MS or PhD preferred. Technical field in Physics, EE, Photonics or related.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
• Demonstrated experience in technical sales or working with customers
• Strong willingness to get "hands dirty" in entrepreneurial environment
• Demonstrated experience in a customer centric environment
• Strong decision making skills
Organizational Relationships Direct Reports:
This position is directly responsible for connecting to the customers and for keeping and growing the good relationships and network.
Menlo Systems Inc values its diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status. Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
Please send Applications to:
Simon Kocur, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send Applications to: