Project Leader – Physicist/Engineer Ultrastable Photonic Microwaves
Your job in the future market of lasers and photonics
Since its establishment more than 20 years ago, Menlo Systems GmbH remains one of the global market leaders in the field of optical precision metrology with light and lasers. Based on Nobel Prize-winning frequency comb technology, we provide laser systems for our customers worldwide that enable applications with the highest precision and accuracy. Our systems are used in metrology and spectroscopy, in optical clocks, in quantum technology and quantum computers, as well as in materials testing and 3D printing. Our customers include leading research institutions and high-tech companies worldwide.
To strengthen the team at our headquarters in Planegg-Martinsried near Munich, we are looking for a
Project Leader – Physicist/Engineer (m/f/d) for Ultrastable Photonic Microwaves
- You will be leading a disruptive ultrastable microwave R&D project that aims to convert cutting edge innovation into a product
- You will contribute to the project from concept stage, through implementation up to the characterisation of the prototype
- You will coordinate the cooperation with external project partners in the industry
- You will independently build complex laser systems including free space and fiber optics, mode-locked fiber lasers, frequency combs, vacuum components, control electronics
- You will contribute to the incremental developments of the current products to reach higher TRL, and to conceive and realize new functionalities by exploring innovative applications
- You have a doctorate in physics, photonics, laser technology, electrical engineering or a similar field, preferably with postdoctoral research experience or a 2-3 years industrial experience in the high-tech sector
- You have excellent knowledge of mode-locked lasers, ideally optical frequency combs, ultrastable and cw lasers, high finesse cavities, and stabilization electronics, ideally combined with several years of experience in project management
- You convince with your systematic and analytical way of thinking, communication skills, flexibility and team spirit
- You enjoy occasional business trips
- You have excellent English and German language skills
- Exciting and challenging tasks in a growing market
- A highly motivated team, with creative freedom
- Flexible working hours
- Individual and practice-oriented training
- Opportunities for professional development
- Easily-reached location by public transport and by car
- A subsidy for public transport, alternatively bicycle leasing or a free parking space
We look forward to receiving your application!
Become part of our team and shape the future with us – we look forward to receiving your online application. To ensure smooth processing, please use our "Direkt Bewerben" link.
For enquiries about this vacancy, please contact:
Frau Anke Naumann
Director of Human Resources
Telefon: +49 89 189 166 0
oder per E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
http://www.menlosystems.com/company/career/ Menlo Systems GmbH
Dann freuen wir uns auf Ihre aussagekräftige Bewerbung.