Being one of 17 institutions of a European Training Network (ETN), Menlo Systems is looking for a PhD candidate on micro-photonic laser application who will join the ETN as a 3-year Early Stage Researcher (ESR).
- Enrollment at a partner university as a PhD candidate
- Development of a photonic chip-based micro-resonator, interfacing and integration into a complex laser system, system testing and characterization
- Demonstration of the system as a precision calibrator for spectrographs at an astronomical observatory
- Close collaboration with the École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (photonic chip fabrication) and the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (photonic chip packaging)
- Most of the work carried out at the Menlo Systems facility in Martinsried
- Multiple extended stays at partner institutions
- Attendance of multiple laboratory trainings, workshops, schools and meetings by the ETN at various locations in Europe
- Attendance and presentations at international conferences
- Authoring of research papers published in high-profile journals
- More information: https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/jobs/354120
- Master’s degree in physics (or equivalent)
- Strong interest in laser technology, micro-engineering and precision measurements
- Mobility within Europe
- Fluent in English
- Must not have resided in Germany for more than 12 months within the last 36 months before hiring (see eligibility criteria)
If you are interested in this position, please send us a cover letter that explains your motivation and add your curriculum vitae, certificates, and one or two recommendation letters by selected referees.
Your contact person in Menlo Systems GmbH: Dr. Rafael Probst, firstname.lastname@example.org, +49-89-189166-214
Please note our privacy notes on our website: http://www.menlosystems.com/company/career/ Menlo Systems GmbH
Send us a cover letter that explains your motivation and add your curriculum vitae, certificates, and one or two recommendation letters by selected referees.
Dr. Rafael Probst, email@example.com, +49-89-189166-214