Development Engineer for Ultrastable Lasers
Your job in the future market of lasers and photonics
Since its establishment more than 20 years ago, Menlo Systems GmbH remains one of the global market leaders in the field of optical precision metrology with light and lasers. Based on Nobel Prize-winning frequency comb technology, we provide laser systems for our customers worldwide that enable applications with the highest precision and accuracy. Our systems are used in metrology and spectroscopy, in optical clocks, in quantum technology and quantum computers, as well as in materials testing and 3D printing. Our customers include leading research institutions and high-tech companies worldwide.
Development Engineer (m/f/d) for Ultrastable Lasers
- You will be leading an ultrastable laser R&D project that aims to convert cutting edge innovation into a product
- You will lead the project from concept stage, through implementation up to the characterisation of the prototype
- You will coordinate the cooperation with external project partners
- You will independently build complex laser systems including free space and fiber optics, vacuum components, and control electronics
- You will carry out finite element modelling of optical cavities
- You have a doctorate in physics, photonics, laser technology, electrical engineering or a similar field, preferably with postdoctoral research experience
- You have excellent knowledge of cw lasers, ultrastable lasers, high finesse cavities, and stabilization electronics, ideally combined with several years of experience in project management
- You convince with your systematic and analytical way of thinking, communication skills, flexibility, as well as a team spirit
- You have excellent English language skills, and preferably also speak German
- Exciting and challenging tasks in a growing market
- A highly motivated team, with creative freedom
- Flexible working hours
- Individual and practice-oriented training
- Opportunities for professional development
- Easily-reached location by public transport and by car
- A subsidy for public transport, alternatively bicycle leasing or a free parking space
We look forward to receiving your application!
Become part of our team and shape the future with us – we look forward to receiving your online application. To ensure smooth processing, please use our "Direkt Bewerben" link.
For enquiries about this vacancy, please contact:
Frau Anke Naumann
Director of Human Resources
Telefon: +49 89 189 166 0
oder per E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dann freuen wir uns auf Ihre aussagekräftige Bewerbung.