Optical Frequency Comb
Advanced Features and Benefits
- lowest phase noise of <100 mrad [100 Hz-2 MHz]
- high bandwidth >300 kHz actuators for CEO and repetition rate
- fully fiber-coupled CEO frequency generation
- turnkey metrology system, fully automated including data evaluation software
- designed for continuous operation
|Comb Spacing||250 MHz|
|Accuracy||10-17 in 1000 s1)|
|Stability||3 x 10-18 in 1000 s1)|
|Integrated Phase Noise||<100 mrad [100 Hz - 2 MHz]|
|Tuning Range of Comb Spacing||>2 MHz|
|Tuning Range of CEO Frequency||>250 MHz|
|Spectral Range||>25 nm (500-1050 nm with M-VIS,1050-2100 nm with M-NIR)|
1)Phase lock to optical reference
2)Limited by resolution bandwidth of analyzer
The FC1500-250-ULN Ultra Low Noise Optical Frequency Comb combines the versatility and ease-of-use of our standard fiber-based frequency comb systems with unprecedented low phase noise and extreme stability of the generated comb radiation. Our all polarization maintaining figure 9® mode locking technology together with high bandwidth actuators for both the carrier-envelope offset frequency and the repetition rate guarantees ultimate performance.
Ever increasing demands for stability and accuracy of time and frequency signals require improved oscillators and frequency references. Today's best optical clocks rely on narrowband optical transitions and use a frequency comb as clockwork.
This new Ultra Low Phase Noise Optical Frequency Comb clearly keeps pace with the new clock designs. Phase noise on the CEO beat note is below 100 mrad (integrated from 100 Hz to 2 MHz) and is even better for the beat note used to phase lock the frequency comb repetition rate to the optical reference. The modified Allan variance reaches 3 x 10-18 within 1 s, which compares to the accuracy of today's best atomic clocks.
The modular system architecture allows for easy additions of more functionality. Under the OPTIONS tab you will find the multiple extensions that can be combined with the FC1500-250-ULN.
- Optical Clocks
- Distribution of Stable Optical Frequencies
- High Resolution Spectroscopy
- Laser Cooling
- SCIENTIFIC PUBLICATION: Frequency comb assisted diode laser spectroscopy for measurement of microcavity dispersion
- SCIENTIFIC PUBLICATION: Optical frequency metrology
- SCIENTIFIC PUBLICATION: Space-borne frequency comb metrology
- SCIENTIFIC PUBLICATION: Photonic microwave signals with zeptosecond-level absolute timing noise
- SCIENTIFIC PUBLICATION: All polarization‑maintaining fiber laser architecture for robust femtosecond pulse generation
- SCIENTIFIC PUBLICATION: Optical Frequency Transfer over a Single-Span 1840 km Fiber Link