Distribution of Stable Optical Frequencies
Time is the physical quantity that can be most precisely measured, and many other physical quantities are linked to it, like for example length, which is related to time by the vacuum speed of light. A major assignment of National Metrology Institutes is therefore providing accurate standards of the SI second. A vision is distributing time or frequency via optical fiber networks.
- Atmospheric Timing Transfer Based on Frequency Combs
- SCIENTIFIC PUBLICATION: Optical-Frequency Transfer over a Single-Span 1840 km Fiber Link
- SCIENTIFIC PUBLICATION: Photonic microwave signals with zeptosecond-level absolute timing noise
- SCIENTIFIC PUBLICATION: Two-way coherent frequency transfer in a commercial DWDM communication network in Sweden
- SCIENTIFIC PUBLICATION: Multi-arm Ultra-low Noise Er:fiber Frequency Comb Comparison
- SCIENTIFIC PUBLICATION: High-bandwidth transfer of phase stability through a fiber frequency comb